Today, we’re joined by the fabulous Jen from Happy Little Homemaker.
Jen – tell us about yourself and your family.
I am a wife and mom of 2 little girls in Northern Michigan. We own a business doing computer services for businesses in town and will be sending our daughter to the Catholic Preschool AND homeschooling.
Tell us about your blog, Happy Little Homemaker.
I write about life in the big five priorities — God, taking care of yourself so you can take care of your spouse (#3) and your kids (#4), and everything else women do at home — homeschooling, cleaning, cooking, crafting, you name it!
What is your confirmation name?
If you could have anything for dessert tonight, what would it be?
Fried Ice Cream.
What are some of your favorite things about being Catholic?
I love the prayers and devotions. I also like that there is so much to learn that I will never learn it all but can keep growing and learning.
If you suddenly had $100 that you had to spend on yourself (not give away or spend on your family), what would you buy?
Books. Or clothes. But I’d probably buy books.
If you have an iPod or MP3 player, go put it on shuffle. What are the first five songs that come up?
- More I Cannot Wish You – From Guys & Dolls
- Flat on the Floor – Nickelback (my running w/o kids music, sorry)
- Stranger – Presidents of the USA
- Opening Prayers – Praying the Rosary w/St. Alphonsis
- Can You Find It – They Might Be Giants
…boy is that more telling than I thought it would be!
Share a tip with our readers that makes your life easier.
Keep your butter wrappers in the fridge — use them to grease pans when baking and keep your hands clean!
Share five of your favorite blogs.
- Conversion Diary – www.conversiondiary.com
- Modern Alternative Mama – http://modernalternativemama.com/
- Life…Your Way — http://yourway.net/
- Life As Mom & Good, Cheap Eats – www.lifeasmom.com
- Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures – http://lynnskitchenadventures.com/
What are some of your favorite activities to do with your family?
Read, watch movies, play board games, go for walks.
If you want to read what Jen has to say about life’s biggest priorities, as well as get to know her better, be sure to go visit her at Happy Little Homemaker. (And, while you’re at it – check out her cutie blog header that I made.)